Mold: An Ongoing Problem in Western New York
Water Cleanup Experts Are Here to Help
Let’s face it: the greater Buffalo area is anything but a “new build.” Many homes are aging and have the deterioration to prove it. Even if your property is in good structural condition, you still have to face the harsh weather conditions of this region. So mold damage is an ongoing problem for Western New Yorkers.
Thankfully, Water Cleanup Experts are trained mold mitigation professionals. Our goal is to prevent bacterial growth after a flooding situation occurs. However, most mold problems can begin undetected. Here are some things to look out for:
- Black, white, or gray spots on floors, walls, and ceilings. They may be mold spores and can even appear on your furniture.
- Musty or damp odors, even faint smells can signal bacterial growth in your property.
- Areas of high humidity. Mold thrives in moist places.
Call us at (716) 694-2424 if you think you have a mold problem. We’re here to help.
For your convenience, here are some tips to keep your home dry and free from mold:
- Place a portable dehumidifier into your room. This will reduce the amount of moisture in the air, ensuring minimal chance for bacterial growth. Use this link to search for a new dehumidifier if you do not already have one.
- Where possible, take advantage of warm, dry days by opening doors and windows. Removing moist or stagnant air from a room allows fresh air to remove airborne bacteria.
- Inspect your plumbing regularly for leaks, rust, or cracks. Call us immediately if you spot a leak,
- Clean and disinfect your property regularly. Surfaces, corners, and hidden areas can harbor bacteria and facilitate mold growth.